The MdQI Excellence in Partnering Awards are an annual statewide recognition of completed partnered projects that best highlight the principles of partnering. The main purpose is to celebrate success, share lessons learned of best practices and honor all project stakeholders. These awards are for the successful use of partnering practices on a transportation-related project in Maryland.
Partnered Projects substantially complete between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019.
MdQI Excellence in Partnering Awards are judged on both objective and subjective criteria. Applications will be scored by members of the MdQI Partnering Subcommittee.
- A separate application is required for each project submitted. Applications must be submitted via the online form here.
- You may save your application at any time by clicking submit on the final page and a link will be emailed to you should you wish to continue/edit at a later time. The link may be shared with other individuals who wish to edit the form. Entries may be edited up until the application deadline, at which time all entries will be considered final. A minimal number of fields are listed as "required" to facilitate previewing the form and saving to come back later.
- Project must be substantially complete or accepted for maintenance between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019.
- The text for all sections (III through V) may have a combined total of no more than 2,200 words. The word count is to be filled in for each section as requested and the combined total supplied in the Total Word Count space. The “word count” feature in Microsoft Word (under the tools menu) may be used to count words. Applications will be rejected if they exceed the 2,200-word count maximum. The word count limit applies only to the text you have added and NOT the existing application form text.
- Measurement: All projects must use some form of measurement to track their partnership. Include a copy of the feedback/measurement results. MDOT SHA only: Projects that have not entered Partnering Ratings into the database will not be considered for the Partnering Award.
- A maximum of five additional supporting pages (8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, (one side only) beyond the specifically requested items may be attached to the application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All supplemental documents that are emailed must have the contract number in the email subject line. Supporting pages can include text, photographs, charts, graphs or appropriate tables to highlight results. More than five additional pages will NOT be accepted. Entries become the property of MdQI. The Partnering Charter, Issue Resolution Ladder, and any other specifically requested items within this application are not counted as additional pages.
- Nominations (completed applications) are to be submitted via the online form here. Supplemental documents shall be emailed to email@example.com.
- In order to give all applications, the same opportunity, applications that do not follow the above rules and format, or are received after the deadline, will not be considered for awards.
- Note: The scoring judges look carefully at the responses to questions. Direct, pointed answers to questions without rhetoric are desired. Supporting facts and documents are very helpful. Please do not leave out requested information as it affects the overall score. To help the scoring judges give you maximum credit, please reference any related attachments in each response, and label each attachment with the question(s)/section(s) it supports.
Partnering Subcommittee Co-Chairs
Hilary Gonzales, Partnering Coordinator, MDOT SHA DACEO
Michael Veid, JB Fay Company