To promote awareness of the Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI) to the Highway Community and general public.
Objective: To publicize and market the efforts of MdQI, the MdQI Steering Committee and the MdQI Sub-Committees on an ongoing basis.
Strategy #1: To work with the State Highway Administration’s Office of Communications to develop and continue an effective marketing plan.
- Identify all appropriate media contacts and issue news releases as necessary concerning the MdQI Conference, MdQI Awards of Excellence, MdQI Career Day events, and other highway industry events.
- Work with MdQI sponsors to coordinate industry news events on a quarterly basis or as needed for special events or subcommittee reports.
- Develop and maintain an accurate mailing list and e-mail list for distributing newsletters, conference registration materials and publicity materials related to MdQI.
Strategy #2: Update and improve the MdQI website (www.mdqi.org); publish and distribute the semiannual MdQI Newsletter; publish and distribute the annual Conference Summary.
- Establish an independent web site address and update the MdQI web site following monthly meetings of the Steering Committee.
- Re-design the website to improve users’ site navigation and provide more links to MdQI sponsors, committee members and useful industry sites.
- Publish two issues of Partners in Quality Newsletter each year. Hard copy to be mailed to mailing list and posted on website.
- Publish and distribute MdQI Conference proceedings to all conference attendees within four months. Conference moderators/presenters will submit materials to be posted on the website.
Strategy #3: To maintain records and the history of MdQI for future use by the Steering Committee, Public Relations Subcommittee and Conference Subcommittee.
- Maintain an archive library of materials, handouts, award winners, PowerPoint presentations and photos from MdQI events for easy retrieval and future documentation.
Joel Oppenheimer, STV
Fran Ward, MDOT SHA, District 4
Sandy Henningsen, Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates
Harriet Levine, Jacobs Civil, Inc.
Nicole Miller, Newsletter Editor, JMT